See details for all three campuses plans for school next week.
We hope that you and your families are well and that you have recovered power, water, and internet connectivity. We understand that last week was trying for all of us and hope that you have had some time to be restored to some sense of normalcy even in these abnormal times. Please know that we have been in contact with guides and everyone is okay.
Here are the updates for each campus:Springs
While we had a broken pipe near the Bluebirds’ classroom, the rest of the campus and the classrooms are in good condition. We’re also pleased to let you know that the broken pipe was repaired on Saturday evening.
With water, power, and internet restored to the Springs Campus, we will be reopening our programs and campus on Monday, February 22.
When your child comes to school, we expect that we will still be in a city-wide boil water notice. While we will have some water on hand, we ask that all students are sent to school with full water bottles
While our campus weathered the storm relatively well, we did suffer some damage that will affect our ability to reopen immediately. Due to water damage in several classrooms, the possibility of plumbing leaks that we are currently not able to detect due to lack of city water service, we will not have students on the Creek Campus next week. There will be no school (distance or in-person) on Monday, February 22
while the guides assess their classrooms and prepare for distance learning. We will have distance learning Tuesday through Friday of next week
(Wednesday will not be a partial day). Classes will follow the same general schedule we followed in January and guides will post those schedules on Monday. River
We want to inform you that we will follow a regular schedule of distance learning (Headwaters@Home) this week (February 22-26)
. Due to losing a week of preparation with our faculty to launch the Hybrid model, we have postponed our February 25 Hybrid model start to Monday, March 1
. We will send rosters and additional details for the Hybrid start this Monday, February 22.
Because we want the hybrid model working consistently and we want students spending more time in their classes with guides and their classmates, we are assessing a shift to the dates of Project Week so that students can have two full weeks of Hybrid instruction before Spring Break. We will provide more specifics regarding Project Week in our Monday email about Hybrid.
The River Campus facilities experienced one major issue and a few minor issues:
Re-Enrollment Contract Deadline Extended
Thank you to all who have completed your re-enrollment contracts. We have further extended the deadline to this coming Monday, 2/22, to accommodate internet accessibility issues. If you need any support, please reach out to email@example.com
when you are able to do so.
COVID-19 Testing Clinic Monday 2/22
We have been able to reschedule our community COVID-19 PCR testing event for tomorrow, Monday, February 22 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at our River Campus downtown. Click here to read more.
Given the unexpected loss of a school week, we will be deciding soon how to adjust our spring semester calendar to make up some of that time. Our Family Handbook policy
on weather make-up days states, "If there are more than three school days cancelled due to weather, we will schedule one makeup day before the end of the school year." Please look for more information on that soon.